Friday, November 5, 2010

Sitting in a Starbucks all by myself. Completely unsatisfied. Miserable even-perhaps. I am a wining crybaby. I am a certain friends mother when we moved her and she didn't know where she wanted the computer desk. We moved it to the Kitchen corner, "no not there, because of blah blah blah..." so we moved it to the living room, "no not there, because of blah blah blah...," so we moved it downstairs...same thing, we moved that stupid desk to every possible place it could fit, and she was never satisfied. She only knew where she didn't want it, she had no solutions to offer, only complaints, she was unhappy with every option, she was unpleasable. I am that woman lately. An eye keen to every problem, to every small nic in the paint. I can point out every problem in every situation. That is not who I am.

I am exaggerating-I hope. I'm too proud to admit that sort of weakness in me. It's one of my most hated characteristic in an individual-that which I just described. I am creative, happy, adventurous, I take extreme pride in my out-of-the-box problem solving skills. I am completely non-conventional and only see possibilities. So what happened? Why would I dare compare myself to the lady barking out no's to the people kind enough to move her desk from wall to corner to room from room? That I do not know. All I know is that here I sit, lack luster. Blah. I drank my coffee too fast and my gingerbread cookie which was chosen after an inappropriately long time, should have instead been the chocolate espresso brownie I had initially planned on ordering.

No comments: