Saturday, April 28, 2012

What a crazy few years.  They surely don't make this stuff up-my life that is.  I'm gifted.  I have an incredible ability to find the worst case scenario and not just taste it or dip my toes into it, but fully immerse myself into situations definitely not covered on the Facts of Life or even by the more forward thinking Mr. Drummond from Different Strokes.  "What u talkin bout Willis?"  *sigh* I finished my last paper which was due last semester, however, due to extenuating circumstances I was granted a 3 month extension-it was a small 6 page paper, easily doable in 1 night.  The success of finally being able to cross that off from my todo list should be thrilling to me, the capstone finalizing the finishing of my first year at University.  But it's not, because I'm not finished.  More extenuating circumstances-still.  I thought I'd been through this.  I thought drama was ceasing, but no.  I missed my finals on two of my courses, I will have to take them in August.  Also meaning lucky me gets to re-read all my political philosophers, which I love, but my brain goes numb within the first 10 minutes of any of their works-except Hobbes, I admit I have a bit of crush on Thomas Hobbes, he's one sexy thinker.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.  It's been a long time since I've desired to write.  It's been a long time since I had a desire to get out of bed in the morning.  And then I realized today that I actually had 2 days off in a row with NOTHING, no school or no work, no stress.  I can't tell you when last I had two days off in a row, I also can't tell you when last I had a day with NOTHING.  Its been months of either school or work and no single day off.  It's nice.  My house is clean, I went for a run yesterday and almost went again today (only I destroyed myself yesterday in over-ambition; I really must learn that thing called balance-like seriously, who runs 14km their first run out in months, adding 2 times running the stairs at Mont Royal???).  

I so much desire to share the intimate details of my life on the world wide web.  Part to allow others to share in disbelief with me the crazy called my life, and part because I know I have some hella great stories.  Perhaps one day I'll brave the nakedness which comes from revealing all, and throw aside the concern for those lives who intermingled with mine in a less than positive interaction.  It truly takes balls not caring that your truth could hurt another.

3 comments:

Xing Shi Cai said...

Paige, I have to admit that I enjoy reading your blog a lot, which makes feel guilty. Let's have the cup of coffee that we should have had last winter, so I can officially apologize for feeling happy while reading your misfortunes, and maybe you can enlighten me what is an sexy philosopher. Just give me a message when you have time. I'll be around the campus almost everyday this summer.

BTW, at least you are in great shape, I would need an ambulance to get home after 14kms.

Paige said...

your comment made me sooo happy!! I think about making up for our missed coffee often. my phone got stolen, so I lost all my contacts, message me when you're free.

Anonymous said...

You probably love Hobbes because he was inspired by the British civil war which seems to be similar circumstances to the academic turmoil you are in - I would love to call someday soon and talk, please send me your phone number via email (!) if you don't mind (which you can look up on my Facebook page).

Take care and hugs

Myron