Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I got the phone call yesterday. The one I've feared for over 15 years. It's all a little surreal. Nothing is yet conclusive. I will just have to wait and do more tests and wait some more. My brain has been 'fuzzy' for the past 3 years. It was most noticed when I started university. It would go numb. I wouldn't be able to concentrate or retain anything that I had read. My thoughts would not connect. It wasn't normal. I was written off as a stress and anxiety case. Even after hearing about my family medical history, the repeated message that nothing is hereditary was the calming balm the drs tried to assuage me with and then send me on my way. I'm pissed. 

I tested positive for ANA- Antinuclear antibodies. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers.