Thursday, July 12, 2012

fleeting shadows through my fingers
strain like sand becoming mud.

tear ducts are rocks cracking in the heat
scorched shred seared bleed.

shoveling thoughts and words makes no difference
the paintings on the walls are all lies.

eyes watching and roaming they see nothing
the robber steals away the night.

an empty paintbrush inspired but mute
silently invisible colour dies.

the porcelain doll head on backwards
alone on a shelf it sighs.

disappointment there are no words
a pit of blackness recycled.

tomorrows are yesterdays this record scratched
beautiful moment fated confused.  

masks come off, reality glares astute
foolish fool fooled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. You should really should reference peoples work if you're going to use it for your blog Paige :P

Paige said...

Thanks Andrew! I'm flattered you think I stole it. And sad your jealousies accuse me. ;) I so thought you were someone else, I was so angry!