Sunday, June 16, 2013


They gave me a business class seat; and with just a simple slide of a portable curtain, they took it away. One moment the curtain was behind me and beside me was a drink tray instead of a smelly person. Within two swoops, it was all gone. The curtain was re-situated to rest directly in front of and me and my drink tray was swallowed into the seat with which it was held. Was that really necessary? My claustrophobia is setting in again, stupid curtain. Are there really people out there that need a curtain separating them from us vagrant second classers, or is this a remnant from a period where status and class dissonance was celebrated and enforced.  

It looks like I will be missing my connecting flight into Cairo, I should not be surprised.   

What I love about flying, the newspapers. I get to feel so business savvy and intellectual :)  I do love reading the paper, I just never seem to have time like I used to--that's a lie, I have so much time, I've made it to level 100 and something in Candy Crush--shhhh don't tell anyone. 

I used to have a subscription to the Globe and Mail. I would spend the majority of my Saturday morning and afternoon filling myself up on world news. Oh the random things I would be able to talk about for the week after. Today I would be able to discuss the Brussels's diamond heist gone south by the Moroccan crack team which apparently and somehow accidently found themselves 350 million dollars richer in diamonds vs actual hard cash they had planned for. After finishing that story, we could discuss the woman’s libido--as a women’s/gender study major, I supposed I wouldn’t need todays paper to initiate that subject. Oh the variety. 

My eyes are tired. the curtain directly infront of me is pissing me off, but not quite as much as the middle-aged ADHD sufferer in the seat accross the isle from me. He has been jumping around like a toddler high on red dye and sugar. There are also some asses not meant to be so close to eye level. A gesture given me as when he wasn’t boisterously tickling his partner in the seat beside him, he was standing, ass out in my face. thank-you kind, late-40-something sir. I must goto the football field of naked croatian men running relay races to cleanse myself from that view. I am not sure which is worst-for those who have not been following my facebook status updates, you may be lost on that one. 

I think I will try to nap for a bit.

No comments: