I'm a lazy tourist. Preferring much more reading on my deck on the Nile, rocked as each speed boat roars by, serenaded by the routine call to prayer intermingled between the constant horn-honking and intermittent bouts of Egyptian pop music in the boats which pass by, I try to weigh how much I will regret not going and not doing certain things. Forgive me culture, but museums don't do it for me- right now anyways.
Perhaps it is an excuse? Perhaps I am daunted by the long hot walk where I pretend to not see stares and judgements. Or perhaps I am just limited in my culture-appropriate wardrobe.
Either way, I am on vacation, in Egypt, on the Nile, reading the type of book one reads on vacation--it was one I found on a shelf. I brought the not type of book one reads on vacation: Simone De Beauvoir's Second Sex, I knew it was a ridiculous choice, but I am determined to finish it, but I likely won't be pulling it out of my suitcase anytime soon-it's too heavy-ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment